Monday, June 28, 2010

XX (2007)

Two young women go on a vacation to a secluded hot springs hotel that has mutilated dead bodies hanging on posts along the road leading to the resort.  Things only get dumber from there.  MIDSOMMAR it's not.

I went into XX or X Cross or X-Cross or whatever this movie is really called expecting a legitimate horror movie.  I don't know where I got that stupid idea into my handsome brain, but I was wrong.  The long story short is the ancestors of the current villagers were all woodcutters and to keep their women from running away while they were in the forest chopping down trees, they decided to cut their wives legs off.  And now, the descendants really like chopping off women’s legs.  Wow.  Anyway, there's more to the story, but it's all pointless.  Just like watching this movie.

Zero scares, dead pace, goofy acting, tons of phones ringing and text messages flying, boring flashbacks, a woman with a gigantic pair of scissors, a few things that might have been jokes but I'm not sure.  Skip it with a vengeance and never look back.